- BREAKING NEWS: Reports of at least 20 dead in ‘terrorist attack’ after two explosions in Manchester Arena at the end of Ariana Grande gig as bloodied teenagers flee to their waiting parents
Tuesday, 23 May 2017
Anti-Christian pogrom underway in Ukraine…while is ongoing the genocide of Donbass/Novorossiya population, Donetsk, Lugansk … by neo-Nazi gangs of Kiew regime […U.S.-NATO supported…]
(REUTERS) A blast on Monday night at a concert in the northern English city of Manchester where U.S. singer Ariana Grande had been performing left an unknown number of people dead and injured, police said.
Police said they were responding to reports of an explosion and that there were a number of confirmed casualties and others injured.
“We were making our way out and when we were right by the door there was a massive explosion and everybody was screaming,” concert-goer Catherine Macfarlane told Reuters.
“It was a huge explosion — you could feel it in your chest. It was chaotic. Everybody was running and screaming and just trying to get out.”
Manchester Arena, the largest indoor arena in Europe, opened in 1995 and has a capacity for 21,000 people, according to its website. It is a popular concert and sporting venue.
A spokesman for Ariana Grande’s record label said that the singer was “okay”. A video posted on Twitter showed fans screaming and running out of the venue.
Britain is on its second-highest alert level of “severe” meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian
By Chris Tomson
DAMASCUS, SYRIA (1:00 A.M.) – Saudi Arabia has unleashed a wave of inexperienced African mercenaries upon war-torn Yemen in a bid to defeat the Houthi-led government based in Sanaa.
On Monday, the Popular Committees wiped out over a hundred Saudi-backed militants, mostly Sudanese foreign fighters, amid clashes in the coastal province of Midi which borders Saudi Arabia.
According to a military source, tens of military vehicles were destroyed and tons of weaponry captured in an attack said to be one of the most succesful operations this year.
With Saudi-backed forces falling like flies on the battlefield, the Houthi-led troops are on the verge of fully recapturing Midi province. Nevertheless, clashes are still ongoing in the provincial capital while Saudi Arabia controls Midi port.Saudi Arabia is reportedly weary of deploying too many of its own troops across the border after Houthi contingents have killed some 130 Royal Saudi Land Forces (KSA) in 2017 alone.
Effectively, the Gulf Kingdom is relying increasingly on paid foreign fighters to do their dirty work in Yemen.
- Convoy of UN’s special envoy to Yemen comes under fire in Sana’a
- In pictures: Saudi troops set alight by Houthi ambush on convoy inside Saudi Arabia
- اليمن يستعيد ذكرى «الانقسام»: خطاب «فك الارتباط» برعاية الرياض وأبو ظبي
- «الصحة العالمية»: اليمن قد يشهد 300 ألف إصابة بالكوليرا خلال 6 أشهر
- الإمارات تتراجع عن التأييد العلني لـ«المجلس الانتقالي»
- «طوارئ» في صنعاء… وولد الشيخ لـ«هدنة» قبل رمضان
- «العدوان» المالي على صنعاء: 8 شهور بلا رواتب
- الإمارات «تسحب» يدها من «المجلس الجنوبي»: ملتزمون بقيادة الرياض
- «مجلس الجنوب» يُغضب هادي… و«أنصار الله» تعتبره تجلٍّ للاحتلال
- إعلان «المجلس السياسي الجنوبي» … انقلاب على الشعب
- زمن الكوليرا: الوباء يحصد أرواح من نجوا
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian