Friday 7 May 2010

"... the Muslims have Mecca, & we have Jerusalem...”

Via Friday-Lunch-Club

"...Elie Wiesel says that in his private lunch meeting with President Obama at the White House on Tuesday, the president “wanted me to understand” his commitment to Israel. ..... how important Israel, and particularly Jerusalem, is to the Jewish people.
“I had a good feeling” about the long lunch, Wiesel, 81, told The Jewish Week the next day in the first one-on-one interview he granted since the lunch. “There was no small talk; it was all substance,” he said of the meeting, with just the two men in the room. “I spoke about what Jerusalem means to me. I said the Muslims have Mecca, and we have Jerusalem.” .... “I am a free man,” he said several times, adding at one point: “I don’t like to be used.”.....He repeated his assertion that Iranian President Ahmadinejad, who threatens to annihilate Israel, should be arrested and tried at The Hague for crimes against humanity..."

Posted by G, Z, or B at 6:43 PM

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: