Friday 9 December 2016

Palestinian child speaks out about israeli torture


Israeli soldier slapped the 9-year-old boy three times on his face because he said he did not throw stones at Israeli soldiers Before taking me to the military jeep, one of the soldiers beat me in my head and chest several times until blood started flowing from my mouth and nose.

A nine-year-old Palestinian child speaks about how Israeli occupation soldiers kidnapped him, beat him, interrogated and tortured him. I was playing with my friends in an area near the Israeli Apartheid Wall at around 4pm when an Israeli patrol suddenly appeared. Two soldiers opened a gate in the Wall and started to chase us. We were scared and started to run but the soldiers ran faster and managed to catch up with us. They also fired stun grenades in our direction. When they caught one of my friends I stopped running and they caught me. They did not tell me why they detained me.
Shortly afterwards a military jeep arrived and I was put in the back of the jeep where they made me sit on the floor. I refused and wanted to sit on the seat but the soldiers forced me on the floor.
The jeep drove for about 30 minutes to Al-Jalama Checkpoint. The other boys who were arrested with me told me it was Al-Jalama.
I was taken to a courtyard where a soldier asked me for my name and age and then started to speak in Hebrew but I did not understand what he was saying.
When they recognised I did not understand, another soldier came and spoke in Arabic with me. He asked me why did I threw stones at Israeli soldiers? When I answered: I did not, he slapped me in the face three times and went out.
I remained in the courtyard for about 30 minutes and then I was taken to a dark room with other boys including my brother where I sat on the floor. I remained there for about two hours.
After two hours, I was taken with the other boys to another room which had cameras and computers. The soldiers blindfolded me and then brought some mattresses and told us to sleep. They also brought us some apples and bread.
I slept until around 1am when soldiers walked in and told me they were going to release me. But, before taking me to the military jeep, one of the soldiers beat me in my head and chest several times until blood started flowing from my mouth and nose.
A military doctor came and cleaned the blood in my face and clothes. He placed a bandage on my mouth and another small one inside my nose.
Then, they took me to the back of a jeep where I fell asleep. The jeep drove to Salem Checkpoint where I was handed over to the Palestinian police, where my father picked me up and took me home.

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian   
The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Blog!

No comments: